It’s been 29 years since our co-founders, Mr Greenbank and Mr Green first started trading out of a garage in Kettering, Northamptonshire. Now, Walls and Floors has grown to be the nation’s favourite online tile retailer – delivering nationwide from an enormous distribution centre in the heart of England, with a fleet of 20 state-of-the-art trucks, a staff force in the hundreds, and the biggest tile selection in the UK. Click here to learn more about Our Story.
To celebrate our 29 years of being the Leading Tile Specialists, here are 29 facts you may or may not have known about Walls and Floors…
1) We have Free Delivery on orders over £99. We’re also one of the only tile companies to offer 7 day delivery, Monday – Sunday (weekend delivery costs a little extra). Next Day Delivery is also available.
2) With 6,000 tiles to choose from, we have the largest tiling choice in the UK! From sleek metro tiles and trendy hexagons through to warm wood effects, soothing stone effects, modern mosaics and captivating Moroccan designs.
3) We offer full size sample tiles (of which you can get 3 for £1). Most tile companies only offer cut sample tiles. We like to give you the full picture.
4) We’ve signed up to a programme which gives members of the Armed Forces and Emergency Services, along with their families, an extra 10% off their order.
5) With tiles from 10p, we have some of the lowest prices online! But just in case they’re not quite low enough, we have a fantastic Price Beat Promise! We’ll beat any like-for-like quote by 5%.
6) We’re one of the few online UK retailers to be a Google Certified Shop – a title reserved for the most trusted e-commerce sites. When you order from our site, Google offer free protection on your order, up to the value of £1000.
7) We have two fantastic showrooms where you can come and view our stylish selections in person – one in Kettering, and one in Putney.
8) We have more reviews than any other tile retailer in the UK – over 5,000 internally, and over 6,000 on Trustpilot, with a 5-star Excellent rating.
9) Buying a large quantity of tiles? We offer bulk discounts on all of our products. Underneath the price section, you’ll find a BULK DISCOUNTS table – telling you the quantities and the reduced prices.
10) Our huge customer service team is based in-house in the UK. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are waiting to take your call on 01536 314730.
11) Need a helping hand whilst browsing online? Use our Live Chat service! Fire a question across, and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
12) If you’re in need of a little interior inspiration, check out our blog for fantastic decorating ideas, and updates on all the latest design trends. Alternatively, try our Inspiration and Creativity Centre.
13) 3 years ago, we launched our mobile site – allowing you to browse for tiles whilst on the go! Simply type ‘wallsandfloors.co.uk’ into your mobile and you’ll be taken there!
15) We have a 45 day returns policy (that’s longer than any of our competitors offer).
16) Buy tiles regularly? Sign up for a VIP account! You’ll get exclusive discounts and your own account manager!
17) With almost 200 staff, we’re Kettering’s largest independent employer; providing an income for over 100 families in the midlands!
18) Overwhelmed by our enormous choice of tiles? For a more organised display of the designs we have available, order your free copy of our brochure. It’s full of styling tips and decorating ideas.
19) To help make sure your home is up to date with all the latest trends, we add new ranges weekly.
20) Every colour under the rainbow: With over 30 to choose from, we have the largest selection of metro and brick tile colours in the UK; in bevelled, smooth, bumpy and crackled finishes!
21) Our website is 11 years old. Launched in 2004, it was the first tile retail website in the UK.
22) Love a bargain? Check out our Offers Page for fantastic discount codes on certain products.
23) We regularly support community projects and have donated tiles to worthy families on DIY SOS, 60 Minute Makeover and Bad Builders.
24) We host monthly giveaways and competitions across our blog and social media channels, with fantastic prizes to win!
25) We’re the only UK tile retailer to sell Scrabble Wall Tiles – which are perfect for adding interest to wall spaces, and make for brilliant gifts.
26) We regularly appear in magazines such as Ideal Home, Living etc, Real Homes, Style at Home and Grand Designs Magazine.
27) To keep up to date with our latest offers, news, blog posts and giveaways, we have an email Newsletter you can subscribe to. We’ll never bombard you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
28) Don’t know how many Sqm of tiles you need? We have a handy tile calculator, to help you out.
29) We regularly visit the UK’s finest interior design shows to ensure we bring you all the latest home styling trends; from hexagons and geometric patterns, through to textured surfaces and industrial-look designs.
So there you have it – 29 things about us to celebrate our 29 years in business. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed providing stylish tiling options to the nation throughout the best part of the last three decades, and we’re looking forward to our next 29 years! Thank you for reading.
Download our Dream Colour Scheme: Ooze Lookbook
It’s full of ideas and accessories for recreating the Ooze colour scheme in your home. Fill out the form below* and we’ll give you the download link instantly.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Other posts you might like