When Susan ordered a few square metres of our striking Beldi Tiles, we couldn’t imagine the difference they would make to her small bathroom space. When she entered photos of her bathroom project into our Before and After competition, however, we were taken back by the amazing transformation. Susan had used our Beldi Tiles to create a Moroccan patchwork statement floor in her bathroom. We had to find out more about this fantastic decorating project, so we interviewed her…
1) How would you describe your bathroom before you decorated it, and what made you decide to decorate?
I don’t think it had been touch since the 50′s and really needed updating!
2) When it came to decorating, where did you take your inspiration from?
I look at lots of magazines, but I was really inspired by a little Mexican tile I had.
3) Did you choose your décor / colour scheme around your choice of tiles, or did you choose tiles to fit in with a scheme you’d already chosen?
No the tiles are on the floor so everything was chosen around the tiles but there were so many colours in the tiles, it made my job easy.
4) What drew you to the tiles you chose?
I was looking for a different look and also wanted the room to look like it had always been like this to tie in with a Victorian look.
5) Did you do the tiling work yourself, or did you hire a tiler?
This time the plumber did it. He was very eager to see how there look and as we had to cut holes in them I was happy to let him do it.
6) What part of the project did you find the most challenging?
It all went very smoothly thanks to the samples that you sent to me and the helpful advice
7) When it comes to decorating your home, what would be your top tips?
Don’t dash into it. Take your time. Decorating can be expensive so get lots of samples of colours and textures and think about the items you already have and love.
8) What’s your favourite accessory in the bathroom, now that it’s finished, and where did you find it?
Well my favourite is the old original sink that was in the bathroom. Now it looks very much at home along with my little Mexican tile.
9) Have you had any compliments on your project, from your family and friends?
Yes, I have mainly surprise and everyone loves the floor! It’s even in my friend’s kitchen now.
10) Do you have any more decorating projects lined up around the house?
Only moved into the old house two years ago and it’s been non stop bringing the lady up to date she is really starting to look good .
11) Do you have a New Year’s Resolution for your home?
No I just want it to be a home for myself and where my children and grandchildren will always feel welcome and comfortable.
12) What would you say to people who are thinking about buying tiles from Walls and Floors?
DO IT! I have brought all my tiles from you and have not regretted any of them. So thank you to all the staff at Walls And Floors.
Thank you for taking part in the interview, Susan! We’ve loved hearing more about your exciting project.
RELATED: CLAIRE’S STATEMENT BATHROOM
RELATED: CHARLOTTE’S MOROCCAN BATHROOM