Charlotte is the writer of a home / DIY blog called Lotts and Lots. It’s full of crafty makes and updates on all her latest decorating projects. She recently completed a bathroom makeover in her home, using our striking Fabric Patchwork Mosaic Tiles. She sent in a bunch of photos. We loved them so much, we decided to interview her about the project! Here it goes…
1) How would you describe your bathroom before you decorated it, and what made you decide to decorate?
Terrifying! The bathroom was previously a dark and leaky family kitchen. We had to completely change the use of the room as part of our home renovations. You can read all about the changes on my blog
2) When it came to decorating, where did you take your inspiration from?
I took inspiration from different places. I really love hotel bathrooms and combined ideas from some of my favourite hotels in Marrakesh and London. I had also won a beautiful roll top bath on Ebay which I wanted to incorporate into the décor.
3) Did you choose your décor / colour scheme around your choice of tiles, or did you choose tiles to fit in with a scheme you’d already chosen?
I based the wall colour and remaining décor details on the colour of the tiles. I pulled out the soft grey shade to compliment the beautiful tones in the rest of the tiles.
4) What drew you to the tiles you chose?
I was looking for patchwork style tiles and these fitted the brief perfectly. I really liked the scale of pattern and the fact that each one looks different. Another factor was budget, these are certainly brilliant value and work in all size rooms.
5) Did you do the tiling work yourself, or did you hire a tiler?
We used a friend of ours who is a tiler, he was the one that recommended Walls and Floors to us.
6) What part of the project did you find the most challenging?
We were working to a really tight deadline and budget during our renovation. Trying to balance building work and working full time was exhausting.
7) When it comes to decorating your home, what would be your top tips?
Think about how you live and want the space to work for you. I wanted to keep the bathroom practical and clutter free but also create a feeling of calm. I choose soft colours but wasn’t afraid to make a bold statement with these tiles.
8) What’s your favourite accessory in the bathroom, now that it’s finished, and where did you find it?
It’s got to be the bath – I love it. It was one of my best finds during the whole project.
9) Have you had any compliments on your project, from your family and friends?
Yes, everyone loves the bathroom the most! I think I could have sold these tiles to everyone that has come round.
10) Do you have any more decorating projects lined up around the house?
There are still quite a few rooms to finish in the house plus the garden. I think we’re going to have our hands full for a few more years!
11) Do you have a New Year’s Resolution for your home?
Probably to keep it tidy – I’m quite messy and also get more rooms finished.
12) What would you say to people who are thinking about buying tiles from Walls and Floors?
Do it! I’m so happy with all the tiles we used from Walls and Floors.
Thanks for the interview, Charlotte – and thanks for sharing this incredible transformation with us. If you at home think you have a feature-worthy interior transformation, and you’ve used our tiles, send your project in to firstname.lastname@example.org!
RELATED: CLAIRE’S STATEMENT BATHROOM
RELATED: 2016 BATHROOM TRENDS AND IDEAS
Share this post with your friends…
— Walls and Floors (@wallsandfloors) January 30, 2016
Talk to us!
Enjoying the blog? Let us know about it! What would you like us to write about next? Send your suggestions to the social channels above or comment below.
Got a technical or styling query? Want to know what type of adhesive to use? Want to know what sort of tile trim would look best with your project?
Send your query to Paul Collins, our Tile Guru.
Enter our Giveaway to Win a £50 Tile Voucher
To help you unlock your dream home this season, we’re giving away a £50 voucher to spend on tiles! To enter the giveaway, simply fill out the form below.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.