Entertaining guests this festive season? Then you’ll have some extra mouths to feed! Cook up something special this Christmas, and treat your guests to a slice of Spiced Honey Loaf Cake. Perfect as a dessert with a drizzle of custard, or great as a treat with a cup of tea. Here’s the recipe:
2 tbsp. runny honey
200g unsalted butter
80g dark brown soft sugar
3 medium eggs
200g self-raising flour
1½ tsp. mixed spice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas mark 3.
2. In a large saucepan put the honey, butter and brown sugar and melt together over a low heat. Bubble for 1 minute and leave to cool.
3. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
4. Mix the eggs into the cooler mixture in the pan.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and mixed spice. Poor the wet mixture into the bowl with the flour and mixed spice and mix well until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, bake for 45-50 minutes until skewer is inserted into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean.
7. Leave cake to cook for 10 minutes before taking out of the tin and moving to a wire rack to cool. Can be served sliced and spread with butter, or as a dessert with custard.
We hope you found this recipe useful! Will you be cooking up a yummy loaf for your festive guests this Christmas season?
All images – Walls and Floors
Share this post with your friends…
— Walls and Floors (@wallsandfloors) November 19, 2015
Talk to us!
Enjoying the blog? Let us know about it! What would you like us to write about next? Send your suggestions to the social channels above or comment below.
Got a technical or styling query? Want to know what type of adhesive to use? Want to know what sort of tile trim would look best with your project?
Send your query to Paul Collins, our Tile Doctor.
Enter our Giveaway to Win a £50 Tile Voucher
To help you unlock your dream home this season, we’re giving away a £50 voucher to spend on tiles! To enter the giveaway, simply fill out the form below.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Other posts you might like…