For this weeks Film Friday I will focusing on The Nice Guys. A crime comedy set in 1977, directed by Shane Black (Iron Man 3) and stars Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. The film is set against the backdrop of LA in the late 1970s. Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe star as two Private Investigators with very different work ethics and styles, who end up working together on the same case, involving a missing woman. I’ve taken inspiration from the clothing and home décor of the era in which the film is set. Think floral, orange, and matching décor.
1. Orla Kiely Linear Stem Cushion, Multi, £35.00, John Lewis.
2. Orla Kiely House for Harlequin Rhododendron Wallpaper, £58.00 a roll, John Lewis.
3. Orla Kiely Cake Storage Tins, Set of 5. £37.00, John Lewis.
4. Torrance Terracotta Orange Acrylic Modern Rug, from £41.95, The Rug House.
5. Dartington Crystal Flower Bottle Vase, Yellow Clematis, £37.00, John Lewis.
6. Metro 200×100 Tiles: St James Park Yellow, Golders Green, Waterloo Orange, Burnt Oak Brown. £19.95/sqm, Walls and Floors.
7. Peacock Chair, £299.00, Made.com.
There you have it – everything you need to create a gorgeous 1970′s scheme in your home this season!
RELATED: CREATE A HARRY POTTER DECOR SCHEME
RELATED: INVITE LABYRINTH INTO YOUR HOME