A banana cake is a great way to use up those leftover bananas. The ones you just couldn’t squeeze into your lunch box. A banana cake makes for a tasty snack for your Christmas visitors. Here’s a quick, easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide:
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook: 40-45 mins
2 – 3 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
100g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees / Gas mark 6
2. Mash the bananas with the lemon juice
3. Cream together the butter/margarine and sugar
4. Then beat in the eggs followed by the banana mix
5. Next sift the flour and mix into the banana mixture
6. Then add the mixture into a greased tin
7. Now place it into the oven for 40-45 minutes
You can add lemon icing or butter cream to make it even more delicious.
- By Martin Bradford, Web Development at Walls and Floors
Download our Dream Colour Scheme: Indian Summer lookbook…
It’s full of ideas and accessories for recreating the teal-based Indian Summer colour scheme in your home! Fill out the form below* and we’ll give you the download link instantly.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Other posts you might like…