A banana cake is a great way to use up those leftover bananas. The ones you just couldn’t squeeze into your lunch box. A banana cake makes for a tasty snack for your Christmas visitors. Here’s a quick, easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide:
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook: 40-45 mins
2 – 3 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
100g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees / Gas mark 6
2. Mash the bananas with the lemon juice
3. Cream together the butter/margarine and sugar
4. Then beat in the eggs followed by the banana mix
5. Next sift the flour and mix into the banana mixture
6. Then add the mixture into a greased tin
7. Now place it into the oven for 40-45 minutes
You can add lemon icing or butter cream to make it even more delicious.
Will you be dishing up this scrummy loaf?