Entertaining guests? Cook up something special and treat your guests to a slice of Spiced Honey Loaf Cake. Perfect as a dessert with a drizzle of custard, or great as a treat with a cup of tea. Here’s the recipe:
2 tbsp. runny honey
200g unsalted butter
80g dark brown soft sugar
3 medium eggs
200g self-raising flour
1½ tsp. mixed spice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas mark 3.
2. In a large saucepan put the honey, butter and brown sugar and melt together over a low heat. Bubble for 1 minute and leave to cool.
3. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
4. Mix the eggs into the cooler mixture in the pan.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and mixed spice. Poor the wet mixture into the bowl with the flour and mixed spice and mix well until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, bake for 45-50 minutes until skewer is inserted into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean.
7. Leave cake to cook for 10 minutes before taking out of the tin and moving to a wire rack to cool. Can be served sliced and spread with butter, or as a dessert with custard.
We hope you found this recipe useful! Will you be cooking up a yummy loaf for your festive guests this Christmas season?