HEYYYY YOUUUU GUYSSSSSS!
The Goonies is a classic 80s childhood film, filled with adventure, suspense, crime and a treasure hunt, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year. That’s right – 30 years of the truffle shuffle! I’ve taken inspiration from the film’s plot to create a decor scheme that can be applied to various rooms with a mix of sophistication and fun.
The film is about a group of friends who name themselves ‘The Goonies’ that along with their families are dealing with a housing developer turning their estate into a luxury golf course. The Goonies find a pirate map that apparently leads to treasure, which they think they can use to find money and save the neighbourhood. Little do they know that a crime family, The Fratellis, have escaped from prison and are also hunting the treasure.
1. The Goonies Pirate Cushion, From £13.51, Redbubble
2. Amarilla Tiles, £11.45/sqm, Walls and Floors
3. Snurk Pirate Single Duvet Cover and Pillowcase Set, £49, John Lewis
4. Classic Red Brick Effect Tiles, £32.95/sqm, Walls and Floors
5. Tartan Blanket, £20, The Edinburgh Woollen Mill
6. Ghost Ship by Terry Fan, From £29, Made.com