The following recipe makes two cups – one for you, and one for a friend!
2 cups of milk
1 stick of cinnamon
3 – 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
Half a vanilla bean (split and scrape the beans out)
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of double cream
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon for garnishing
1. Pour the milk into a medium-sized saucepan and place over medium heat. Heat until the milk is steaming but not boiling. Remove from the heat. Crush the cinnamon stick slightly and add to the warm milk. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
2. While the milk and cinnamon steep, rub the vanilla bean into the granulated sugar, creating a fragrant vanilla sugar.
3. Once steeped, remove the cinnamon stick from the milk and discard. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla sugar to the warm milk. Heat over low heat, whisking constantly until the sugar and cocoa dissolve completely.
4. While the cocoa is heating up, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to soft peaks.
5. Divide hot cocoa between two glasses.
6. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows, toffee sauce and sprinkle with ground cinnamon!
7. Enjoy immediately!
Treat the kids, your guests, or yourself with this yummy beverage this festive season!
7 Quick and Easy Decorating Ideas for a Weekend
If it’s high time your home made a makeover, and you’re looking for some quick and easy updates you can tackle over a weekend, then check out this post!
Read it here: 7 Quick and Easy Decorating Updates