When I think of homemade cakes, I always remember munching on my Gran’s homemade tarts. To this day they still remain my favourite cakes in the world.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
200g Self Raising Flour (sifted)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
2. Cut the Lard and Margarine into cubes and add them to the flour in a mixing bowl then mix until it feels and looks like bread crumbs
3. Add some water and mix until the mixture is doughy (you can always add more water or flour until the mixture is doughy)
4. Then line your tray with Margarine
5. Next roll out your mixture on a side with a rolling pin (but I forgot I didn’t have a rolling pin so I used a spaghetti jar… that kind of worked)
6. Cut out circles to fit your trays indents (you can use anything circle as a template, like a glass, mug or even spaghetti jar again…)
7. Place the circle bits of pastry onto the tray and add a little bit of jam to each one just to cover the bottom
8. Then stick it into the oven for 20 minutes for 200 degrees
9. Once done pop them out of the oven and let them cool down (Please, please let them cool down before munching away, trust me hot jam on your tongue hurts a lot)
You can use the same recipe to make smaller versions of jam tarts and this will feed a lot more people.
A simple, delicious snack. Get baking, stack up the plates, and leave them for your guests to pick at and enjoy!