Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook: 25-30 mins
Take an hour out of your busy schedule to cook up some nibbles and impress your guests this Christmas – much better than supermarket pastries, and they would make a great starter for dinner parties of all occasions!
5 Tablespoons of Salted Butter
2 Large Pieces of Celery Chopped
1 Large Green Pepper Chopped
10 Spring Onions Chopped
10 Basil Leaves Finely Chopped
Salt & Pepper to season
2 Table spoons of Flour
180g of Ricotta Cheese
250g Cooked & Peeled Prawns
3-4 Sheets of Filo Pastry
1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees /gas mark 6.
2) Melt 3 tablespoons of salted butter into a large frying pan over a medium heat.
3) Add the chopped Celery and Peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
4) Add the Chopped Spring Onion and stir until the spring onions begin to wilt slightly.
5) Add Ricotta, Prawns and Flour, cook for around 3 minutes continuously stirring.
6) Add salt and pepper to season.
7) Remove from heat into a clean bowl to cool.
8) Melt the remaining butter into a small sauce pan over medium heat – once melted remove from heat but keep warm.
9) Stack your filo sheets on top of each other and cut into 3 strips lengthways.
10) Brush the top of each strip with the melted butter and place a small amount of the prawn and ricotta mixture at one end of the strip.
11) Fold the strip over working back and forth to create small triangles wrapping the filling.
12) Seal the end closed by using a small amount of melted butter.
13) Place finished parcel onto a non-stick baking tray.
14) Repeat for each strip until all your mixture is used up.
15) Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
16) Allow 2-3 minutes to cool on a wire rack.
A small amount of salad and a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Tip: I personally like to add a dash of Nandos Medium Piri Piri sauce to the Prawn and Ricotta filling to give it a slight kick, alternatively Tabasco sauce will give a similar result.
So cook up this tasty meal for your guests or loved ones this festive season!
Download our Dream Colour Scheme: Sanguine Lookbook
It’s full of ideas and accessories for recreating the Sanguine colour scheme in your home. Fill out the form below* and we’ll give you the download link instantly.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.