Christmas can be a stressful experience; with all that present buying and festive dinner planning. To help you relax in the run-up to Christmas, here’s a step-by-step guide, detailing how to make your own bath bombs! Perfect for transforming a dull tub into a frothing, fragrant jacuzzi!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup melted coconut oil
8-10 drops of essential oil(s)
Food coloring (optional)
Silicone molds or paper cupcake liners.
1. In a bowl, mix together the citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch and put to one side.
2. If you’re using food colouring, add it into the dry ingredients, to the colour intensity you want.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your coconut and essential oils. Stir in the oils to the dry mixture gradually. If you pour too quickly, the liquid will react with the citric acid within the dry mix.
4. Use your hands to mix everything together so your ingredients start to clump together nicely. The mixture should feel almost like damp sand.
5. Place the mixture into you chosen mold, and compress it tightly. The back of a spoon works well.
6. Let the bath bombs dry for at least 24 hours, and they’ll be ready to fizz!
Note: Try experimenting with different ingredients, different scents, petals or lavender, spices such as cinnamon, cloves etc
Share this post with your friends…
— Walls and Floors (@wallsandfloors) November 17, 2015
Enter our Giveaway to Win a £50 Tile Voucher
To help you unlock your dream home this season, we’re giving away a £50 voucher to spend on tiles! To enter the giveaway, simply fill out the form below.
*By providing an email address above we’ll add you to our mailing list to receive our newsletters which are full of interior design trends, fantastic giveaways and our latest unmissable offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Other posts you might like…