Christmas can be a stressful experience; with all that present buying and festive dinner planning. To help you relax in the run-up to Christmas, here’s a step-by-step guide, detailing how to make your own bath bombs! Perfect for transforming a dull tub into a frothing, fragrant jacuzzi!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup melted coconut oil
8-10 drops of essential oil(s)
Food coloring (optional)
Silicone molds or paper cupcake liners.
1. In a bowl, mix together the citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch and put to one side.
2. If you’re using food colouring, add it into the dry ingredients, to the colour intensity you want.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your coconut and essential oils. Stir in the oils to the dry mixture gradually. If you pour too quickly, the liquid will react with the citric acid within the dry mix.
4. Use your hands to mix everything together so your ingredients start to clump together nicely. The mixture should feel almost like damp sand.
5. Place the mixture into you chosen mold, and compress it tightly. The back of a spoon works well.
6. Let the bath bombs dry for at least 24 hours, and they’ll be ready to fizz!
Note: Try experimenting with different ingredients, different scents, petals or lavender, spices such as cinnamon, cloves etc